Salary & Benefits - £28,000 to £36,000 per annum dependent on experience + attractive pension + quarterly performance related bonus + 25 days annual leave + training and development opportunities in line with the Regulatory Project Manager progression plan
The role will be based at Buttershaw, Bradford, but you will occasionally be required to visit other sites and locations in Yorkshire.
What is the purpose of the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regulatory Project Manager to join the Regulatory Compliance and Assurance team. The purpose of the role is to project manage the activities required to produce the Annual Performance Report (APR), ensuring that we meet all regulatory reporting requirements and respond to queries accurately and on time.
You will act as a central point of contact for the business providing support and advice to colleagues to ensure regulatory reporting requirements are met and compliance is maintained.
You will ensure that appropriate assurance is applied to all our data so that our customers and stakeholders can trust the information we publish.
As a member of the Regulation team, the Regulatory Project Manager will also be required to support other Regulatory team activities, for example, the planning, coordination, collation and submission of any regulatory submissions and reports to Ofwat.
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated team member who has the ability to work both independently and within the wider team.
The role will involve:
- Planning, coordinating and then managing the delivery of the annual and ad‐hoc regulatory reporting and assurance processes.
- Manage changes in reporting requirements, as defined by Ofwat.
- Liaise with the colleagues across the business units to compile Regulatory key performance indicators, track performance and report to senior management.
- Develop and manage the audit process with the external auditor, including management of resources and costs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Group Audit team to share assurance findings. Promote discussions with Internal Audit to ensure the Group produces efficient audit programmes and risk based approaches between the internal and external auditors .
- Maintain the ISO9001 quality assurance certification for the annual reporting process.
- Develop and manage the data management system (currently SharePoint).
- Liaise with Ofwat regarding regulatory issues and respond to Ofwat queries and clarifications as required.
- Compile reports (and present if required) to Ofwat and other key stakeholders, including the Customer Forum, on behalf of the company when necessary.
- Coordinate the analysis, interpretation and reporting to management on industry comparisons of performance.
- Represent the Company with external stakeholders on discussions relating to comparative performance and work to build relationships with other companies to drive better understanding of our performance data and areas for improvement.
- Report to the Board Audit Committee and the Yorkshire Water Board, obtaining the necessary Board Assurance Statement to support publication of the annual reports.
What skills are we looking for?
You will have previous project management experience with experience of managing projects through the full project life cycle, including project planning, project monitoring, risk management and stakeholder management. The successful candidate will have a project management qualification or similar, e.g. Prince2 and APM.
You will have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written and you will have the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships, influencing colleagues as required. You will have a logical and analytical approach to managing and completing tasks and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
As part of the role you will visit teams who are located in different parts of Yorkshire, so the ability and flexibility to work at different locations occasionally is essential.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of running assurance activities in a project and knowledge of the regulatory framework. Previous experience gained within the water or waste water sectors or within broader utilities/regulatory environment is also desirable.
What's in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision of 'taking responsibility for the water environment for good'.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please attach your CV with a covering letter outlining how your skills match this role. For further information on this role, please contact Kirstin Hutchinson on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date - 30th June, 2017
Interviews - 19 & 20 July, 2017
Everyone has an idea of what a water company does. Here in Yorkshire we make sure that all 5.2 million people living in the region have clean safe drinking water on tap and their waste water taken away. But for us it's so much more than this.
We care passionately about the environments and communities in which we work; we always look for new innovative ways to do things that deliver great value for our business and deliver the service our customers want and expect.
Our customers are at the heart of what we do and how we do things. We work best as a company to deliver this when we work together - team work, creativity, enthusiasm and passion are inherent within our 3000 people who work 24/7 365 days a year to keep Yorkshire's water flowing.
We are a business that has its eye on the future, planning ahead to look after Yorkshire's water, today, tomorrow and always.
Yorkshire Water values equality, diversity and inclusion we believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.
Yorkshire Water reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.