Salary £13,500 per annum + pension + quarterly performance related bonus + 25 days annual leave
What do we do?
Asset Solutions is responsible for delivering new water and waste water assets, or replacing and updating existing ones. This is done in line with the Yorkshire Water's Capital Delivery Model. Once work has been completed, the asset is then handed back to Yorkshire Water’s operational teams.
The key focuses for Asset Solutions is to work collaboratively with our Delivery Partners and with other departments within Yorkshire Water to enable us to: -
- Build high-quality assets which achieve 100% compliance and consistently high levels of performance
- Deliver significant savings and out-performance, providing a good return for investors and allowing the business to re-invest in further improvements
What will your role involve?
As a Project Assistant Apprentice, you will embrace the learning and development required to understand how the Yorkshire Water business and more specifically the Asset Solutions Department operates.
You will undertake placements in various teams within the Asset Solutions department to increase your experience and knowledge about the service we provide to our stakeholders.
You will undertake basic site audits accompanied by your Line Manager and current Technical Project Assistants where you will begin to learn different construction techniques and when each is most appropriate.
This role is a combination of office and field based. You will spend more time out on operational sites as your skills and knowledge develops through your Apprenticeship programme.
What we expect from you?
- To complete all work/college tasks to the best of your ability and in accordance with our policies and procedures and observe the terms and conditions of employment.
- To be an active member of the Yorkshire Water Apprentice Group, working co-operatively with other Apprentices and always setting excellent standards for yourself and others
- At all times to behave in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with the Health and Safety and Equality legislation relating to the individual responsibilities and to promote and act in the Employer’s best interests. Be self-motivated, always willing to learn new skills and take pride in everything you do.
- Comfortable with working outdoors
What are the Requirements?
You must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above including English & Maths
Closing Date: 2nd July 2017
Assessment Centre: Friday 21st July 2017
If you feel that this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please apply online and complete the application process.
Yorkshire Water reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
Yorkshire Water values equality, diversity and inclusion we believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.