Salary & Benefits – £33,619 – £35,721 per annum depending on experience + attractive pension + quarterly performance bonus + 25 days annual leave + car / car allowance
What will the role involve?
We are currently looking for a Technical Specialist to join the Networks Policy Team. The Network Policy team forms part of the bigger Asset Integrity department providing a centre of technical excellence to drive a step change in both the safety and reliability of our asset infrastructure.
This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining water network standards, policies, procedures, and providing technical guidance and expertise, on matters relating to the construction, operation and maintenance of the water network, as and when required.
Building strong working relationships with the operational teams so that the latest water network standards, policies and procedures can be successfully communicated and embedded, optimising operational activities and asset performance to deliver our water network related performance commitments and customer service plan.
Ensure appropriate levels of assurance for water network standards, policies, procedures via a managed audit plan, developed and agreed through relevant business engagement.
Make key decisions on policy matters after considering the recommendations of business sponsors by adequately balance the needs of outperformance and innovation within an agreed level of risk.
What will the role involve?
You will work as part of a team to support delivery of our performance commitments by understanding how your individual performance links into achieving the team’s wider objectives.
You will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and implementation of water network standards, policies, procedures and asset related network business processes.
You will develop internal and external relationships to facilitate the creation of and adherence to water network policy, enabling you to lead and influence development with technical experts.
You will undertake internal audits of water network standards, policies, procedures, identifying and acting to resolve areas for improvement.
You will ensure that water network standards, policies and procedures comply with external quality standards including IS055001 and ISO9001.
You will provide technical expertise and support when appropriate on matters related to the operation and management of the water network.
You will continue to develop through effective training in both business processes, technical subjects and build external relationships with peers from other water companies and external stakeholders.
What skills are we looking for?
- You will be qualified to degree standard in an engineering or scientific discipline with some experience within a water networks technical discipline(s), or be able to demonstrate you have gained significant experience within a water networks technical discipline(s).
- Experience of developing and maintaining technical standard, policies and procedures using business processes.
- Experience of Quality Assurance Systems.
- You will be able to lead and influence in complex environments working with technical experts and communicate complicated technical concepts.
- You will be able to create compelling business cases to challenge standards, policies and procedures to embed change and influencing culture and behaviours across operational teams
- Current full, clean driving licence and flexibility to travel across the Yorkshire region.
- Knowledge and understanding of asset management principles and processes.
- Experience of driving sustainable performance against challenging business targets
- Previous experience in a commercially orientated and / or regulated environment.
- Experience of Quality Assurance Systems
- Experience of business process management.
What's in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision of 'taking responsibility for the water environment for good'.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please apply on line and complete the application process. If you could also please submit an up to date CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Closing date: Monday 2 April
Everyone has an idea of what a water company does. Here in Yorkshire we make sure that all 5.2 million people living in the region have clean safe drinking water on tap and their waste water taken away. But for us it's so much more than this.
We care passionately about the environments and communities in which we work; we always look for new innovative ways to do things that deliver great value for our business and deliver the service our customers want and expect.
Our customers are at the heart of what we do and how we do things. We work best as a company to deliver this when we work together - team work, creativity, enthusiasm and passion are inherent within our 3000 people who work 24/7 365 days a year to keep Yorkshire's water flowing.
We are a business that has its eye on the future, planning ahead to look after Yorkshire's water, today, tomorrow and always.
Yorkshire Water values equality, diversity and inclusion we believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.