Strategic Asset Planner
Salary £25,091 – 31,364 per annum dependent on experience + attractive pension + quarterly performance related pay + 25 days annual leave.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Asset Planner to join the Business Risk and Investment Team which forms part of the wider Asset Strategy and Policy department in the Asset Management Business Unit.
As Strategic Asset Planner you will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining processes and plans that deliver our asset management strategy, policy and objectives over the next 25 years.
What will the role involve?
The Strategic Asset Planner is accountable for analysing asset related data and information in order to understand the condition and performance of the asset base, with the objective of understanding the investment requirements in the context of the existing & developing Regulatory framework and in relation to the Strategic Direction of Yorkshire Water.
The Strategic Asset Planner will work with other technical specialists (internal and external) to provide advice and service to the business, which will assess, inform and influence the likelihood and scale of benefits which could be derived from future investment scenarios. These services will include asset management planning; utility performance improvement; regulatory advisory services; investment appraisals; water resources strategies; and project finance advice.
What skills are we looking for ?
You will be a self-starter, able to work well under pressure but also be part of a team with excellent communication skills.
Strong data management and analysis skills are key as well as an ability to coordinate activities as part of a defined project plan.
You will be able to build up and maintain effective working relationships across the business, as well as an ability to communicate and engage with people at all levels and adapt your approach to suit the relevant audience, including external audiences.
* Experience of understanding where your role fits within a business plan and then developing ways to deliver the outputs
* Develops and maintains effective internal and external relationships
* Experience of supporting and embedding change, able to influence and drive the right culture and behaviours
* Clearly demonstrates the Yorkshire Water company values and behaviours
* Leadership Skills – collaborate with & influence a team of specialists
* Competent in advanced analytical techniques
* Ability to communicate and engage people at all levels
* Experience of strategic planning and problem solving
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong networking, interpersonal and influencing skills
* Experience of report and presentation writing and communicating ideas and concepts
* Self driven, able to identify and source data and information to support analysis
* Educated to Degree level
* Experience of driving sustainable performance against challenging business targets
* Previous experience in a commercially orientated and / or regulated environment.
* Previous experience gained within the water or waste water sectors or within the broader utilities, process or manufacturing industry sectors
* Practical experience within a regulated industry or equivalent
* Experience of strategic thinking, establishing clear strategic direction and implementing plans to deliver
What's in it for you ? Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision of 'taking responsibility for the water environment for good'.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please apply on line and complete the application process. Also please submit an up to date CV and covering letter, outlining your key reasons for applying for the role.
Everyone has an idea of what a water company does. Here in Yorkshire we make sure that all 5.2 million people living in the region have clean safe drinking water on tap and their waste water taken away. But for us it's so much more than this.
We care passionately about the environments and communities in which we work; we always look for new innovative ways to do things that deliver great value for our business and deliver the service our customers want and expect.
Our customers are at the heart of what we do and how we do things. We work best as a company to deliver this when we work together - team work, creativity, enthusiasm and passion are inherent within our 3000 people who work 24/7 365 days a year to keep Yorkshire's water flowing.
We are a business that has its eye on the future, planning ahead to look after Yorkshire's water, today, tomorrow and always.
Yorkshire Water values equality, diversity and inclusion we believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.
Yorkshire Water reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.