Lead Enterprise Architect- up to £80,000 (dependent on experience) + pension + annual bonus + 28 days’ annual leave + private Health + Car Allowance
We have an opportunity for a Lead Enterprise Architecture to join a nascent team of Enterprise Architects with special responsibilities for digital transformation and innovation. You will be joining at a time when our Digital Transformation Strategy is forming, as we set ourselves up for market disruption in our business sector, whilst appreciating an ever-changing view of the technical landscape.
This role will provide lead to the existing team of Enterprise Architects, and take special focus on championing Digital Transformation Strategy, whilst interacting with technical and business colleagues, and understand how business uses these to interacts with customers.
This will include the initiation of experimental projects; engaging with large and boutique suppliers; how we take advantage of cloud (on-premise and public); having an high awareness of security and privacy; IoT awareness; how we make best use of automation tools; the strategic ways that we use and exploit the Data and Information we own; how we facilitate the best experience for End-User Compute; understanding our customers and colleagues’ requirements; and to ensure that we support the wider transformation that forms our Blueprint for Yorkshire through active research and development.
At the same time, existing initiatives need to be balanced, such as the SAP S/4 Transformation Programme that is underway.
Imperative to this role is the ability to communicate concisely, clearly, and non-technically to a variety of business audiences. You will understand and co-develop our Digital Transformation Strategy, and how it aligns with the business vision and business architecture – and so building relationships with business stakeholders is vital.
- Run as an Internal Consultancy to technical and business colleagues that require inspiration, experience and knowledge to operate optimally.
- Partake in, and oversee, the Design Authority/Architecture Review Board.
- Own the guiderails, principles and patterns that are required to ensure initiatives are headed in the right direction from day one.
- Be responsible for the implementation of the Digital Transformation Strategy.
- Create start-up projects that identify, test, and exploit emerging technologies, adopting a ‘fail fast’ approach.
- Incorporate a ‘Security by Design’ approach, working alongside our Security Teams.
- Identify and work with small-to-medium sized vendors that specialise in relevant products and services.
- Exploit existing investments to maximise return on investment and deliver rationalised and consistent end-to-end solutions, whilst understanding lifetime of systems, applications and apps against ongoing cost and performance.
- Help deliver the vision using trial-and-error, working with the business incrementally.
- Look for opportunities to automate, so as to minimise re-work and manual effort.
- Have a high level of awareness of technical trends, and how these can be used to leverage best value in our business and help deliver competitive advantage.
- Identify areas of opportunity where we can work better, smarter, and more productively.
- Be a champion of Technical Innovation, and be able to socialise and provide convincing reasons to adopt specific technical solutions.
What skills are we looking for?
It is essential that you a great team player; inspire others, participate, share, pitch in, and enjoy working with others. You possess knowledge of emerging technologies and vendor landscapes. You will have a track record in a similar role with a detailed knowledge of a broad range of concepts and technologies across Customer, IoT, Cloud, Mobility, Social Networking, Resilience, Security, Customer, Business Process, and Data Strategy.
Knowledge of all aspects of IT security, at physical, network, and information levels. Experience of managing multiple vendors at different scales of size and location. Able to demonstrate relentless drive, energy and determination to deliver sustainable outperformance for YW that rigorously achieves against demanding competitive industry benchmarks and metrics from other organisations.
Have strong organisation and personal management skills with the ability to lead and influence, with a strong sense of purpose and proactively seek responsibility and ownership. Highly motivated and self-reliant with a personal drive for continuous development and demonstrates a strong customer service ethos.
It would be desirable for you to have a wide network of peers that can be called upon for inspiration and thought. Have written innovation papers before and can show evidence of utilising transmission technologies. BCS, TOGAF or equivalent certification in Enterprise and/or Solutions Architecture would also be advantageous.
What's in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision of 'taking responsibility for the water environment for good'.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and you match the skills required, then please apply online and complete the application process.