Job no: 494765
Work type: Permanent
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: Up to £28,000 + quarterly bonus + pension
What will the role involve?
Your role will be to:
- Liaise with the Transport Managers and Fleet Category Buyer
- Liaise with Service providers and Contractors to ensure that all scheduled deliveries and orders are fulfilled in a timely manner and meet the businesses requirements and specifications
- Effective liaison with colleagues across the Company to ensure excellent communication on internal and external enquiries, reporting functions, disputes, legal protocol etc
- Behave in a courteous and professional manner towards colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Participate in training/coaching sessions and attend meetings when required
- Be able to produce management information in a timely manner
- Ensure vehicles and drivers are compliant with current laws and legislation
- Process and monitor new van orders / deliveries, ensuring they meet the specifications of the business need and requirements
- Confirm and monitor driver eligibility to drive company vehicles through driving licence checks
- Monitor the 'pool' fleet on a weekly basis to ensure all vehicles are accurately accounted for and recorded
- Approve and process all fleet invoices
- Liaise with internal departments such as HR and Payroll
- Assist the business with vehicle specification and replacement requirements
- Accidental Damage – provide guidance and support to the business to manage the end to end accidental damage process
- Finance – tracking orders/payments and providing management information to produce a monthly finance pack reporting on performance against budgets. This may involve visiting suppliers
- Company Cars – to provide day to day support and guidance to company car users such as licence checks, issuing of insurance, hire authorisations, authorising of repairs etc
- Fuel Usage – monitor spend and produce exception reports on non-compliance
- Continuous Improvement – ability to document business processes and identify areas for improvement
What skills are we looking for?
- Experience in fleet control would be highly desirable
- You will have excellent organizational and administration skills
- You must have excellent communication and general I.T. skills including Excel
- Be extremely diligent, robust and thorough
- Has a drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers effectively
- Have excellent verbal and written communication – able to and adapt style to suit customers
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on own basis
- Experience of working in a fleet environment with a large commercial fleet portfolio
- Proven track record in delivering change improvement initiatives
- Ability to challenge and think objectively
- Ability to effectively manage the needs of different stakeholders, potentially all with differing demands
Full valid EU driving licence is required for this role.
What's in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision of 'taking responsibility for the water environment for good'.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please apply on line and complete the application process.
Everyone has an idea of what a water company does. Here in Yorkshire we make sure that all 5.2 million people living in the region have clean safe drinking water on tap and their waste water taken away. But for us it's so much more than this.
We care passionately about the environments and communities in which we work; we always look for new innovative ways to do things that deliver great value for our business and deliver the service our customers want and expect.
Our customers are at the heart of what we do and how we do things. We work best as a company to deliver this when we work together - team work, creativity, enthusiasm and passion are inherent within our 3000 people who work 24/7 365 days a year to keep Yorkshire's water flowing.
We are a business that has its eye on the future, planning ahead to look after Yorkshire's water, today, tomorrow and always.
Yorkshire Water values equality, diversity and inclusion we believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.
Yorkshire Water reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now